1What are the main topics of the course?
The course includes a comprehensive agenda designed to equip attendees with the knowledge and skills to design, implement and evaluate bespoke media campaigns.
• News Media Context
• Image & language
• Writing for news
• Protecting your reputation
• TV Down the Line
2How long does the course take?
The training course is two-day long.
3Is the course accredited?
Affiliation with the Academy ensures that RSA’s courses meet a recognised standard and are accredited accordingly.
4Are there any prerequisites required?
5Is there any assessment at the end of the course?
To successfully gain the award the candidates must:
• Complete the two-day training course
• Complete the final assessment
Attendees will be assessed on written report that involves:
• Listening to 3 interviews taken from a high quality news programme such as Newsnight, Today on Radio 4, Channel 4 News, Guardian News Online
• Write an analysis of each giving consideration to both the interviewer and the interviewee
• Summarise your findings and any lessons learned
The assessment can be achieved through a written submission of not more than 2,000 words.