Run in a COVID-Secure Environment
Free Driver’s Check
For anyone aged 65 or over
Your questions answered:
In the section below we have provided answers to some of the questions that you might have about taking part in this research project and signing up for your free driver’s check.
- In accordance with government guidelines on wearing masks in shops, we would ask you to please wear a face covering as well; unless you are exempt from the need to wear one.
- We will endeavour to maintain social distancing throughout, except where assistance is required in and around the simulator.
- The team will have face shields and gloves to limit their contact and exposure.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided and a strict regime of wiping down all surfaces with clinical grade wipes will be observed between all participants.
- To assess if the simulator tests provide a meaningful assessment of abilities which impact on drivers’ collision risk
- To assess if simulator tests are feasible to deliver
- To assess if the simulator tests are acceptable to older drivers, identifying the fears and barriers encountered by older drivers
- To assess if the simulator tests are more acceptable to clinicians than traditional assessment methods